Saturday, October 15

day 15 :: pregnancy and infant loss remembrance day

today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. 

today we light candles and remember little ones who are now in heaven, the ones God chose to not walk this earth enduring pain and sin and hardship, but to be with Him in a place of no sorrow and no tears. 

today i remember my niece, tori mae, and the joy she brought us in her 9 days here on earth. 

today i'm praying for those who have lost little ones that they would not know fear, but peace, comfort and hope. that they would not fear unhealthy pregnancies, losing more babies, or life without their lost one.

i can't wait to see you again tori mae.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word, it is beautiful that you are spreading the word about this day as an aunt of a lost baby. That touches me beyond words. It will be a glorious day when we finally get to hold the babies we miss so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love that song.
    Hugs to you on the loss of your niece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful song. It had me crying. I miscarried my baby at 12 weeks pregnancy in early 2009 due to hypothyroidism, an underactive thyroid. I trusted my doctors unquestioningly never doubting they would know everything there was to know about hypothyroidism in pregnancy. This was the greatest regret of my life. The Thyroid Federation International estimates there are up to 300 million people, mostly women, worldwide with a thyroid dysfunction, but over half are unaware of their condition. Scientific research clearly links hypothyroidism to miscarriage, still birth and infertility, however the lack of awareness is pervasive. The day I lost my child to hypothyroidism, I vowed to research everything there was to know about this disease and warn other women about the dangers. I fulfilled my vow by launching my blog Hypothyroid Mom in memory of the baby I lost to hypothyroidism and in dedication to my 2 boys who beat the odds and made it to the world. This October 15 I will be lighting a candle at 7PM in memory of my lost child.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...