Monday, October 3

day 3 :: measuring up

Source

the funny thing about some of my fears is that they are the very things i wish for.

i wish to live a life of love, gratitude and joy. a life that makes a difference in the lives of those i encounter. i want deep, meaningful relationships. i want to be a person who pours out genuine encouragement. i want to be someone friends come to in times of sadness and strife, a person that comforts and listens. i want to be a person who speaks the truth in love. i wish to be a person who sees meaning in everything she does, even in the mundane, the minutiae, the messy. i want to be faithful with everything. i want to give generously. i want to be patient, kind and good.

basically, i want to be a superincredibleamazingwoman. a proverbial superwoman. [see what i did there?]

but, i know who i really am. the thoughts i am capable of thinking, the hatred i can harbor. i know the ofttimes ugly condition of my heart, the emotions i let direct my word and deed.

i know i will never measure up.

and i find this to be a fear because i am afraid of how desperately i want to, yet just can't...

at least not on my own.
His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. through these things he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature... [2 peter 1:3-4]
everything. i. need. everything! He has given it to me, to you, to us. so that we may participate in the divine nature. in love, gratitude and joy. in faithfulness, generosity, patience, kindness and goodness.

His grace, sufficient for me. His power, made perfect in my weakness. He promises these things to me. i don't have to worry about how i am not measuring up. i don't have to fear failure. He's already won this battle. every day, He has already given everything i will need.


and linking up with jami and ashley

8 comments:

  1. Sarah! I am so enjoying reading these posts. I can't wait to see what I learn from what you're learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, measuring up is a tough one for me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoyed reading your post today! xoxo very very true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I LOVE your topic! I'm a new follower so I won't miss any of your posts. Great job!

    I blog at "Only a Breath" and would love for you to stop by if you have time! I'm writing about "31 Days to Love Your Neighbor". It has been a very interesting journey to say the least! :)

    Have a great day!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it! so true! I always think I want God to tell me exactly what to do, then I would hope I would have enough guts to follow it through! Thanks for writing today:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How amazing to know that Christ loved us (and died for us!) when we were at our worst! We would be utterly hopeless without His grace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes. i am constantly humbled by my desire for perfection. not only do i fail to be perfect and get anxious trying... but it's so prideful in the first place to think that i can be or do anything other than exactly what God wants for me. i am dependent on HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your post and made me think on so many levels. I can relate. You are an inspiration and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and heart. Looking forward to following you.

    Kristine
    J&M's Eye Candy Blog
    J&M's Eye Candy on Facebook
    J&M's Eye Candy Shoppe on Etsy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...